Sunday, June 24, 2012

B party for V

Wow! I threw a Bachelorette party for my lovely friend Ashley Vecellio [V] this past weekend. It was so much fun having her and 5 of our closest friends pop in to Richmond for the weekend and raise some hell. I don't have many photos of the girls, but I wanted to share the decorations that I put up around the house. I think having decorations up make party's a little more special and a little more fun. V's wedding is in September in her parent's back yard and she has given it a theme "denim and pearls." Being a photographer she is always thinking about "photo op's" so the theme derived from her wanting a super casual wedding where everyone wears shades of white and/or denim. I love the idea and I can't wait for her wedding. Along with the denim and white, she is having some accents of red- so I based my decorations off of her wedding concept.
 
 I loved having a little something on the front porch to welcome the girls.

  I had some extra fabric laying around from a previous project, so I ripped it up and turned it into streamers- I really enjoyed the raw edges.

 V and I love these tissue paper flower balls so I wanted to include some of them and I also added more streamers and accents of denim.

 Banner on the mantle saying "V is getting married!" on denim flags.

 Fabric streamers and pieces of denim hanging from a craft ring.

 Wine [duh!] cheese, crackers, fruit and olives waiting their arrival.

 I happened to snag some lovely flowers from an event at the Museum and spread them through out the house- I love having fresh flowers around the house, especially if they are free!
 
 The back yard!

 I tied some fabric streamers in the trees and borrowed some paper lanterns and Mexican blankets from Melis- it was adorable.
 More flowers from the Museum.

 Details.

It was so lovely hanging out back here sipping sangria and listening to tunes. What a fun weekend!

No comments: