Tuesday, May 29, 2012

grandpap sheets and aunt jo jo

This past weekend Dan and I kept an eye on little Doaky Bear. It was a lot of fun and a lot of work. He is turning 1 in about a week and he is trying to master walking, wants to taste anything and everything and toppling over about every 5 minuets. We were exhausted.

Melissa's birthday was on Saturday so I wanted to collaborate with Doak and Dan and make her a painting. Doak painted for about 30 seconds before he wanted to eat the paint so I had Dan finish it up, but we captured some cute photos in the short time and he added his creative touch.

 He's really excited to get his hands on that painting.
 I'm showing him how it's done...

 He's interested.


 What a cutie!
 I'm really trying to get jo jo to catch on, one of my favorite kids in the world, Mabel Rathbun, calls me jo jo and I love it.
The final product- "first year flight".

Those are Doaky's finger prints- adorable!

So there it is, a lovely and meaningful birthday gift. Thanks Dan and Doak for all your hard work!

5 comments:

Melissa Martin Molitor said...

Haha, that's awesome! I LOVE the painting, the collaboration and all it's meaning behind it! You guys are the best!!!

Erin Petty said...

I love this! Such and sweet and clever idea.

johnna sheets said...

thanks guys! we had a blast doing it (for 30 seconds)

Anonymous said...

Does the bird have a name?

Unknown said...

that painting is awesome!


BTW your blog came up in google.