Wednesday, May 23, 2012

quick fix : $20 bathroom makeover

I am going to start posting quick and inexpensive little projects for around the house and everything else I come up. I will be calling them "quick fixes".  I hope they are useful and inspire you to come up with some of your own quick fixes. 

The bathroom in our place is the one and only room in our home that I dislike- I may even despise it. It needs to be gutted, vented and expanded; but due to it being a rental I can only tweak it so much. So after sprucing up a clients bathroom I was inspired to give ours a face lift. I went to Burlington Coat Factory on a whim to get some things for said client and I found nothing for him but got lucky with a $10 shower curtain and (2) $5 rugs for myself. It made a huge difference. The room feels slightly larger now and has a little more funk- which I love. 

p.s: I am aware the photos are awful (again), and I am sure I will get better at this with time. But, also this is a tiny room with very awkward visual space to capture with the camera (i phone) so please don't judge.
 
Before:
 
Before:
 And one last exciting before:
  



After!:

Details:
[the bottom poster was a (lovely) Christmas gift from Mellisa-it is a thrifted drawing of a couple with a baby on their lap and it says "Married"- Dan went ahead and put a drawing of Xena's face on the baby's head and I loved it]


One last after:
  
[rugs are my favorite]

$20 well spent!

No comments: