Friday, June 1, 2012

quick fix : adding details to make it your own


I picked up some folders and notebooks at Target this past week with intentions to keep all of my design stuff organized. I loved the color and patters of these inexpensive notebooks for only $1.50 each but I did not love how large the "Mead" logo was on the front, so I decided to make them my own. I spent about 20 minuets on this project and I am really glad I did it, I think they turned out really cute.

Notebooks: $1.50 Folders: $0.79

Tools I intended on using- I hoped to add a slot for my business cards on front, but opted not to do that because I always have a ton in my purse.

Tools I actually used: some cardboard from a cereal box, some thicker cardboard from another old box, hot glue, some of dan's paint and some photo corners I had from a previous project.
 
 
I made one notebook a "design" notebook to keep notes on projects, measurements and shopping lists and I made the other one a "things to do" notebook for grocery lists, blog ideas and the tons of lists that I love to make and dan hates to receive. I also added a simple label on the folders for clients to keep receipts, invoices and any other notes organized.

 
I really like how they turned out and I hope they inspire you to take some time to transform inexpensive items and make them your own.

No comments: