Thursday, July 26, 2012

quick fix : put some new buttons on it

I found this old dress as I was cleansing my closet this past week (more on that next time). Nothing special, just your basic black linen dress- I have had it for years. I was contemplating putting it in the donate pile, but then I had the idea to change out the buttons and give it a new life. So I went through my stock pile of buttons that I have collected or been gifted over the years and I came up with a few different options.

 Dress with original buttons.
 Zoom in of basic brown buttons- nothing special.

New button options:

Large black and white stripe.


Vintage black and silver.


Or a fun yellow.



I went with the vintage black and silver ones.

They dress it up a little bit and give me more options to accessorize.

The beauty of this 5 minuet project is that if I get sick of these buttons- I can just go through my stock and sew some new ones on!


No comments: