Monday, September 24, 2012

design : dylan's digs

My brother, Dylan, was a Peace Corps volunteer in Panama from August 2008- October 2010. We are really proud of him. When Dylan came back to the US, he wanted to live and work in DC- he had nothing. He sold of most of his possessions before he left. So when he got a job and a new apartment he needed help from his sissy. He bought a bed and I did the rest. Everything I got for him was either from a thrift store or Ikea, so it was super cheap- perfect for a returning Peace Corps volunteer's budget. Take a peek....
Our aunt gave him the white duvet cover. The sheets, blanket and rug are from Ikea. The storage chests at the end of the bed and the chest of drawers are from thrift stores. 
 The bedside table was something extra dan and I had around the house and of course every room I do is not complete without a sheets painting.



 Panama collage





There you have it. Dylan's digs. Simple and eclectic. Dan told me that he wanted to live in this room- without me.... well, at least he liked it. 


No comments: